I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy
because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless
and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that."
Robin Williams (via skateeofmind)
A fucking men
"How can you even care about school anymore? At this point I’m just like F it I’m totally checked out…"
-My brother, who I am sadly going to have to strangle in his sleep.
If only there was a way for able-bodied family to not say the exact wrong thing at the exact wrong time.(via cripples-r-us-swag)
if you’re a student with chronic pain I’m honestly so proud of you. i know how people around you might undervalue you but I want to let you know that you’re incredible and you’re doing a great job. xo
I turned 18 today
"Some people say home is where you come from. But I think it’s a place you need to find, like it’s scattered and you pick pieces of it up along the way."
— Katie Kacvinsky (via na-sombra-do-vento)
- Me: Santa, can I have a unicorn for Christmas?
- Santa: Be realistic my child.
- Me: ok. Can I have a pain free day?
- Santa: what colour unicorn do you want?
- Alger: "They're hoping you take after your many-greats-grandpa. Except for the destroying the world part. They're hoping to keep you on a tighter leash."
i really need to stop falling in love with gorgeous, clever, insufferable, dangerous fictional boys
- Max: Schultz is competent. But it would all go to the crows if my little brother was in charge, and he outranks Schultz.
- Crassus: Technically speaking, I also outrank you.
- Max: Do not. We're both Tribunes.
- Crassus: I got there first.
- Max: We got there at the same time. Besides, I got assigned to the First Aleran six months before it was formed.
- Crassus: As a centurion. A fake centurion.
- Max: Doesn't matter. Seniority's mine.
- Tavi: Children, you don't see Schultz bickering about such things, do you?
- Schultz: If it please the captain, sir, I am not a part of this.
- Kitai: Schultz has the best sense among them. He merits command for that alone.
"I’ve never lost a duel to the death. Not one."
— Jim Butcher, Captain’s Fury (via nicomylifesucksdiangelo)
Fan-girling over a book no one has read
I wish there was a bigger fandom for Jim Butcher’s Codex Alera series. It’s fucking awesome and I definitely need someone to chat with about it. I am re-reading the series and having a lot of feelings.